Pathways to careers at GF
Fields of Study and Jobs They Lead To
GlobalFoundries (GF) hires a lot of technicians and engineers. But that's not all. Each GF "fab", or manufacturing site, is like a small city. Name a career and we probably have it! From engineering to human resources, finance to information technology, business operations to technicians, we have many job opportunities at GF. Click on our Career Search to view our current job openings.
We hire interns and co-ops for the summer as well as throughout the year. Click on Student opportunities within our Career Search.
Associates (AAS) Technician
- Completed first year of college courses
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Hired for summer, full- time paid positions
- Continue as a paid Co-op (part time) during second year of your AAS
Bachelor's and Graduate
- Paid internship and co-op positions in the summer and throughout the year
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Hiring opportunities throughout bachelor and graduate studies
Summer Intern 2020
Our Apprenticeships consist of on-the-job-training and college courses, resulting in an industry certification. Click on our Career Search and use keyword "apprentice".
Burlington, VT Technician Apprenticeship
- Full-time paid position
- HS diploma with demonstrated technical aptitude
- Must at least 18 years old
- Take classes part-time at Vermont Technical College while working full time at GF
- Classes are fully paid for by GF
- 3 years to complete program
- Opportunity to pursue AAS degree after apprenticeship
Malta, NY Technician Apprenticeship
- More information coming soon!
High School Diploma
- High School Diploma
- PTECH Advanced Manufacturing Pathway
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs
Type of Job: WaferFab Technician, Logistics Technician, Process Technician, Facilities Technician, Equipment Technician
Where you'll work: In the "fab" clean room in a bunny suit (manufacturing), or warehouse area (logistics)
Skills you'll use: Teamwork, communication, organization
Where can it lead: With additional training, experience, and/or education, you can move into other roles in GlobalFoundries
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Most AAS technical degrees
Type of Job: Maintenance Technician, Equipment Technician, Facilities Technician, Process Technician
Where you'll work: In the "fab" clean room in a bunny suit or in the "subfab" in PPE
Skills you'll use: Hands-on problem solving, mechanical and electrical aptitude, troubleshooting, teamwork, communication
Where can it lead: With additional training, experience, and/or education, you can move into other roles in GlobalFoundries such as equipment engineering
Bachelors Degrees in Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science
- and more
Type of Job: Process engineer, Yield engineer, Facilities engineer, Equipment engineer, Quality engineer, Device engineer and more
Where you'll work: Office environment, lab, cleanroom, or subfab
Skills you'll use: Technical skills, problem solving, working with other teams, critical thinking, communication
Where can it lead: With additional training, experience, and/or education, you can move into a higher level engineering role, management role, or a position in another department at GlobalFoundries
- Human Resources
- and more
Type of Job: Human Resources, IT, Finance, Business, Operations and more
Where you'll work: Office environment
Skills you'll use: Problem solving, working with other teams, critical thinking, communication
Where can it lead: With additional training, experience, and/or education, you can move into a management role, or a position in another department at GlobalFoundries
Masters and Ph.D. Degrees
Of course we also hire individuals with master's and/or doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees in Engineering, HR, IT, Finance, and more! Check our Careers page for opportunities.
Your education doesn't have to stop after you graduate! Once you're here at GF, you can go for another degree.
While working full time, you can go to school part time... and GF will reimburse your tuition up to $5250 each year!
- You could finish your associates or bachelors degree
- Or you could go get a graduate degree!
Learning and growing doesn't stop after you've completed your degree! At GF, we have a culture of continuous learning and growth.
Where you start may not be where you'll end up! There so many things to try out, like:
- Joining projects outside of your department
- Getting involved in events with the community
- Networking with a mentor
- Taking a Leadership Development class
- Traveling or assignments at our other global locations
- Gaining new technical training
People are the most important part of our company!
We have many social and networking groups for you to get to know your coworkers at GF.
- Early Career Networks for young professionals
- Veterans Resource Group
- BRAG: Black Resource Affinity Group
For feedback, questions, or suggestions about this website please contact email@example.com